Home » » phrasal verb, "beat up."

phrasal verb, "beat up."

 phrasal verb, "beat up."

Now, to "beat up" someone means to physically attack and harm someone. Most of the time it's by punching them or kicking them.
 Or, maybe hitting them with a baseball bat...

But if it has to do with attacking someone with a gun, you would not use the phrasal verb "beating up."

So, some example sentences would be: 

"Oh, I'm in pain. They beat me up last night." 


"Who beat you up?" 


"That gang beat me up." 


"I wouldn't go down that street. It's dangerous. Someone might beat you up." 


"Did you beat up anybody when you were a kid?"

You can say:

                      "beat you up, beat me up, beat him up, beat her up."

You can not say: 

                             "beat up me, beat up you, beat up him, beat up her." 
Share this on your favourite network

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Recommend us on Google Plus
Subscribe me on RSS