Home » » Common Mistakes

Common Mistakes

Common Mistakes in English:-

Do you use the article “a” when saying what your career is?
 Well, when you're talking about your career or your job, you need to say "a." 

"I'm a teacher.” 
“I'm a doctor.” 
“I'm a lawyer.” 
“I'm a cashier.” 
“I'm a nurse." 

You do not say: -

"I'm nurse.”

“I'm lawyer.” 
“I'm doctor." 

You need to have the "a" in there. You could also say: 

"He's a lawyer.” 
“He's a doctor.” 
“She's a banker.” 
“She's a dentist." 

You don't say: 
"He's dentist.” 
“She's banker.” 
“She's cashier." 

Those are incorrect.

Of course, there are situations when you use “the” before the career. For example:

“The doctor entered the room.”
“He asked the lawyer a question.”
“We went to the dentist.” 

So, the next time somebody asks what your job is, you can say, "I'm a ____.” 
Share this on your favourite network

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Recommend us on Google Plus
Subscribe me on RSS